zach on his farmall

zach on his farmall

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

last christmas


If only we could know that this is the last time for something, maybe we'd savor the moments more.  

Last Christmas... it was the first Christmas with an "empty nest".  Your first in your new house but I convinced you that you needed to stay at "home" overnight for one more since we'd all be here in the morning. I remember telling you that you needed to stay because next year you could be married with a baby, of course I was joking.  Your response to me was "Mom, I can guarantee you that I won't be married with a baby next Christmas".... 

I've thought of this conversation a lot in the last 4 months.  

As well as the fact that I wasn't very on top of picture taking last year.  I only have two of you... a blurry photo of your reflection in the window on Christmas morning and one shot on my phone.

I still can't believe you're gone...

Love you more,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment