zach on his farmall

zach on his farmall

Sunday, October 6, 2013

thank you


As I work through the pile of thank you cards I write to all who have touched us over these last 5, almost 6, weeks.  I realized there was one person I couldn't mail a thank you to...   Zach, I have so many things to thank you for....  Your sheepish grin, your bright blue eyes twinkling, your ability to have a story to tell at a moments notice, your kindness to all you met...


Your ability to fix anything that was presented to you, to jump in and help others, your enthusiasm for a new project, your desire to be close to me when you were small, the fact that you never were the young adult that didn't want to hang with us on a Friday night...


So I shouldn't have been surprised when the friends and family that spoke at your memorial service mentioned these same qualities.  I'm proud that you had grown up to be such a wonderful and caring young man.  A  hard worker.  A kind human being.


The young man that would bring his mama hydrangeas from his garden on an any old kind of Sunday day.  I treasure and thank you for each and every day of your short 23 1/2 years.

Missing you every moment,
I love you more,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment