zach on his farmall

zach on his farmall

Sunday, October 27, 2013

enough time

Today marks two months.

You always think there will be another day.  Another time to take care of something you've planned.  Another day to find what you're looking for.  Another visit, another chat, another text, another dinner.


I thought I'd have time to sew you some sofa pillows... to make that Farmall quilt from fabric I bought 4 or 5 years ago... to find you a bigger/better coffee table... I still find myself looking at them on Craigslist, and dressers too.  I bought you that frame to make a chalkboard for your kitchen, it was never finished.  When we helped you with your house way back when you got it, I always thought there would be time to paint inside your back door... perhaps help you finish off the second bedroom.  There would be another day, another time.


Lord make me a rainbow, I’ll shine down on my mother
She’ll know I’m safe with you when she stands under my colors, oh
And life ain’t always what you think it ought to be, no
Ain’t even grey, but she buries her baby
The sharp knife of a short life,oh well
I’ve had just enough time
If I Die Young by The Band Perry

It wasn't enough time, I wasn't finished yet...
Love you more.
Love Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment