zach on his farmall

zach on his farmall

Sunday, October 19, 2014

cherish

A week or two ago I read a story about a family that was about to have their first baby... it was not expected to live more than a few hours after birth due to being born without all parts of his brain... i think it is Anencephaly.

His parents found this out last April, 5 months or so before his October due date.  I'm sure they grieved and went through all kinds of thoughts and feeling but what stuck with me is that they actually spent the summer doing a "bucket list" of things they would have liked to have done with their son knowing he had little chance of surviving.
I can't imagine being those parents... even after these past months I still can not imagine how they could make it through this pregnancy knowing the likely result.
But what it makes me realize is we must cherish every single minute... from birth to death.  The small things and the big things.   The happy things and the sad things.  I also realized that I was more fortunate than others because I got to know you longer than anyone else.
Missing you every day...
Love you more,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment