zach on his farmall

zach on his farmall

Sunday, August 31, 2014

memorial arena


I remember many cold hockey games in arenas in BC, ones that were named Memorial Arena.  If I remember correctly the one in Penticton was built as a true memorial after World War II.  So many happy memories of those days.

So I finally got the Japanese Maple planted... one that was given to us after you died.  This garden is a good spot, what I've called the bird garden but I think now it will be my memory or memorial garden.


You and your sister helped me line it with bricks... it still houses your little squirrel feeder you built.  And I've added your tractor planter.  One of your neighbors gave Dad a milk can so the garden now has two...

The hanging basket you gave me a few mother's days ago still hangs on the tree and my glider bench will be a place to sway and remember.


I found a heart shaped rock to remind me of how much I love you still.


Love you more,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment